Do Less Deliver More – Team Alignment Tactics
A two-hour workshop that gives leadership teams an understanding of common industry productivity and alignment challenges. Includes two hands on exercises that can be used to get better team alignment and reduce risk of project failure.
Learn the tactics needed to get full team alignment and delivery of high value
In this two-hour alignment tactics workshop, leadership teams learn about common challenges facing teams in a world of complexity and near endless opportunities. Upon completion they will have learned two key techniques for getting project alignment and maintaining it whilst reducing risk of failure.
In today's workplace many leaders and teams are struggling. There are too many things competing for their attention. There are too many priorities to juggle. The way modern work is prioritised, allocated and measured is fundamentally broken. This results in poor performance, overload and disengagement.
This two-hour workshop will help leadership teams de-risk projects and understand how to get powerful team alignment. It brings together the latest insights for high performance as well as the methods used successfully by companies such as Google and Amazon. This is blended with over two decades of real-world experience of successful leadership of high performing teams who were recognised internationally and multi-award winning.
- Discover the common industry challenges facing teams
- Learn a technique for agreeing team principles and behaviours for optimum performance and safety
- Learn a technique for getting team alignment on projects, agreeing goals, identifying enablers and accelerators, risks and constraints.
- Apply these techniques locally to your own teams to deliver and maintain high performance
- 2 Hours (plus breaks)
- In person at your chosen venue
- Maximum of 24
- Who will benefit
- Any busy team, especially Communications, Marketing, HR and Digital/Product Teams
The workshop is two hours long with a short break in the middle. The exercises delivered in the workshop can be tailored to specific team situations and are not fixed.
Part One - Introduction
- Understand common industry problems and the steps for improvement
- Learn from previous stories of success and failure
Part Two - Team Contract
- Learn a new technique for agreeing team principles and behaviours for optimum performance and safety
- Hands on exercise within teams forming new team contracts that can be used after the workshop on an ongoing basis
Part Three - Sailboat
- Learn a technique for getting team alignment on projects, agreeing goals, identifying enablers and accelerators, risks and constraints
- Hands on exercise within teams creating a sailboat using a simple example to fully understand the benefits of the method and how it can be applied to real world projects
Part Four - Review and Questions and Answers
- Teams review their findings and learning with each other
- Questions and answers session, including suggested next steps